Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

My husband and I don't "do" Valentine's day. My hatred of Valentine's day started in high school. (You would have to attend the high school in the 80's to appreciate how ridiculous Valentine's day became. Flower shops had to set up tables in the gym. Insane!) Anyway, I have been with my Valentine since I was 15 and I just had my 46th birthday so I slowly realized that every day things mean so much more than flowers and candy one day a year. So, to my Valentine, I thank you for


-putting up with mood swings and PMS


-holding me and staying strong when the doctor said "autism"


-loving my family


-being a loving father to Michael


-working long hours to provide for us


-still saying I'm pretty (and acting like you mean it!)


-doing little things to make my life easier


-encouragement when I want to expand my education and career


-loving me no matter what


Candy and flowers? Yes, they're nice but a partner for life? That means SO much more.


Love you, Valentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers