It has been too long since I updated this blog. Since my last post, school has started. I spent the entire summer worrying about how Michael would do at his new school. It turns out that Michael has done wonderfully at school! It has been so cool how God has been with us every step of the way. I worried how I would handle the mornings and drop offs. A week before school started, a friend and former high school teacher called and said she would be happy to get Michael from me in the mornings and take him to her room. Thank you, Lord! I also worried about Michael riding the bus from his school to mine in the afternoons. Again, the week before school started, the bus assistant called and said she and her driver husband was excited to have Michael on their bus and, by the way, their granddaughter is autistic so they understand. Thank you, Lord! Michael seems to really like his new school and we are just thrilled.
My school year is going well, too. We have a new principal and that is always scary but I really like him. He seems to have the students' best interest in mind and is supportive of the faculty. I like my students and the things we are doing in class. My only problem is getting everything done. I don't remember last year being this hectic but I am teaching one different class this year so that is probably making a difference.
One big change for us is that I start graduate school at MTSU Saturday. I am working on my Specialist in Education (Ed.S) degree and must admit that I am nervous and excited, too. I love learning but am worried about how I will get everything done. Thank goodness I have an extremely supportive husband and he said it will work out. The bad news: The autism walk is this Saturday, too. I have been to every single walk since the beginning and it is killing me that I will miss it. I am truly grateful that my sisters, cousins, daddy and good friends will be there to represent Team M&M. We are in 6th place right now and I am proud of us.
Last, we have had a great Labor Day weekend. Two of our best friends came to visit. We cooked out, visited with them, my sister and niece and just relaxed. The slow rain that we needed was just icing on the cake. Bring on the fair and more of these cool temperatures!
Monday, September 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment