Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!


It is hard to believe that another year is almost here. A Facebook friend asked everyone to describe 2011 in three words and it is like she read my mind. Here are my three words: Apprehension, Relief and Thankful. In January 2011, I was already dreading Michael starting the Middle School in the fall. I just didn't know how he would do with such a big transition. In January, I never even considered going back to school. My husband was concerned with layoffs at his job. How did these situations turn out? Better than I ever dreamed. My husband still has a job, Michael loves the Middle School and I did very well in my classes and love them. Was 2011 perfect? Of course not. We had worries about my Grandmother, who was in so much pain from a bad hip. The pain got so severe that she finally agreed to a hip replacement. I am so thankful that her pain has been relieved. The new evaluations in our state did not help during the fall semester. There was so much stress and anxiety for every teacher I know. I truly hope that politicians start to respect teachers again and quit making our lives-and our students' lives-so stressful. Overall, though, it really was a good year. I am thankful for so many things in my life. I hope 2012 is a great year for us and for you as well. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers