Monday, July 26, 2010

Heavy Heart

As a teacher, you are able to get to know your students pretty well. It is up to the student, however, because some just won't let you in. I was able to get to know three young men in the last several years when I taught them in class. Two of the boys I had twice for different classes. My heart is heavy because all three boys have passed away in recent months. I know none of us are promised tomorrow but it hurts my heart that young men under 25 years of age are gone. Their life was just beginning. So, this is in honor of Robby C. and Colby T. who passed away in automobile accidents and Jeremy B. who died while fighting for our county. Boys, you made me laugh and you made me frustrated at times! All of you were very macho yet always had a twinkle in your eyes. You were loyal to your friends and they love and miss you. It was my honor and privilege to be your teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers