Let's see. Where were we?! The last time I posted was in April 2010. Since it is July, I guess I need to tell you what's been happening. Not too much really. We finished school and Michael had the best year ever! He had two fabulous teachers and just loved going to school. He will be in 5th grade this year. I just can't believe it! Where does the time go?! I had a great group of seniors and I will miss them. I have seniors again this year so there will never be a dull moment, I'm sure.
We went on vacation in June to St. George Island, Florida again and had a great time. We were worried about the oil but we saw none. We did see a Coast Guard helicopter, men on ATV's from the DEP (Department of Environmental Protection) and a few National Guard members looking for oil but they remained pretty low key. We also saw boom being place in Apalachicola Bay. It is so sad about the coast! I am glad the oil stayed away from us, though.
Here are a few pictures from the trip:
We had pretty weather for two days then Hurricane Alex whipped up clouds, rain and stormy surf for several days. Oh well! It was still a great trip. This is the view from our beach house.
See, it rained and rained! The birds didn't seem to mind!

On St. George Island, it is mandatory lights out at 9 pm so the turtles are not disturbed while they are laying eggs. We saw this turtle nest on the second morning. Volunteers and scientists block off the area so they are not bothered. (It is a HUGE deal if you bother the turtles!) I read last week that the turtle eggs are being moved by Fedex to another area to get ahead of any oil. Cool!
This is the lighthouse you see right when you cross that ridiculously long five-mile bridge to get to the island. The original one was destroyed in a hurricane, I believe, so this one was build in its place. I love this picture!
Michael in his favorite place: underwater! We had a private pool with the beach house and it was wonderful.
Other than vacation, Michael and I have been staying in our pajamas way too late in the morning, making yellow cake with chocolate icing, surfing the Internet and just being worthless! I love summer! I have been working on lesson plans and will have to put up some posters in my room soon but I do love being a teacher for so many reasons and one of them is being able to spend time with my child.
Anyway, this is my update! I will try to keep it updated. Thanks again for the encouragement, ladies!
No comments:
Post a Comment