We are enjoying a quiet Saturday. Michael and I loved having Fair Day away from school. The fair had its ups and downs this year. The up was when my niece Lucy won the 30-36 months division of the baby show! She did great! The down was our 30 minutes at the fair with Michael. He did the bungee jump and went through the fun house and was done with rides. The rest of our time was spent trying to explain why we were not going to try and win one of the huge stuffed characters at the dart throwing game. The guy working the game was kind enough to tell us that a) no, we could not buy it outright and b) it would take 16 popped balloons to win the big prize. At $5 for three darts, it would have been insane to try but Michael just could not understand why we didn't play. He is satisfied now because I came home and ordered a smaller version on Ebay. I just hate trying to get things through his head sometimes! I know it is not the autism; all kids think they can win the big prize. We are finally getting through his head that the claw machines at Wal-Mart are a rip-off. Oh, well. At least I did get a fair cheeseburger! The funnel cake will have to wait for next year, I guess.
Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend. For us, fall break is just around the corner! Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment