Thursday, September 9, 2010
Ready To Get Wet
This weekend is the autism walk in Nashville and there is a 60% chance of rain. We might be swimming instead of walking! The walk is at Bicentennial Mall this year. I have never been there so I am not sure what to expect. I am a little nervous because it is not fenced in. The last two years, it has been at the Nashville Speedway and our kids were safely fenced in. (The problem for me is that running is a common characteristic of autism. Michael is over that stage, thank goodness, but I remember how I was constantly on edge every time we went out in public. He was nine years old before I did not hold onto him going into Walmart.) I hope we have a good day. The rain is not big deal. What is the big deal about getting wet if we are raising money and awareness to help our children?! I do have to say that I am so proud of Team M&M. We have doubled what we raised last year thanks to some generous folks who have big hearts. If I can, I will post some pictures after we get back from the walk. Keep you fingers crossed that we have a break until the walk is over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment