Sunday, September 12, 2010

We Walked The Walk!


Under a gorgeous sky, we gathered with thousands of others Saturday to fight for our children with autism. It was held at Bicenntenial Mall in Nashville.
Michael had a hard time and he went to the car after a little while. It was just too loud and too much stimulation. The rest of us walked, danced and laughed and just enjoyed the day. We raised $3,046! Isn't that incredible?! I am just so humbled and grateful to everyone who supported us. We more than doubled what we made last year and it goes to education and most importantly research to find out what is causing this nightmare. The statistics are now 1 in 110 children and 1 in 70 boys will develop autism. That is too many. We will walk next year and the next until we find a cause and more treatments to help our kids.

If you want to see more pictures, I have lots on my Facebook page. If you want to see them, just add me as a friend. (No, I am not begging for friends! I am just not putting lots of pictures of my husband, son and family for everyone in the world to see. At least on Facebook, I can pretty much control who sees them-I hope!)
Anyway, we are thankful that the rain held off and lots of money was raised. I will rest a few months and then we will get Team M&M into money-making form again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers