Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snow Days!

What a surprise we've had the last few days. I can't remember getting out of school this much for snow in December. We usually get out for snow days in January and February (and sometimes March). Michael and I have been out of school since last Thursday because of his sinus infection and here we are on Wednesday of the next week because of snow. I love snow days but I hate to use them so soon in the school year. Oh, well! We are not in control, are we? I am just grateful that we are inside with too much food. I hated that my husband had to get out in it to go to work, though.
We had a nice "autism moment" yesterday. The mailman rang the doorbell with a package and Michael heard it. Yep, it was a package with one of his Christmas presents in it. I grabbed it and ran and he kept up with me. I hid it and he found it. I finally sat him down and told him that was for Christmas and he could have it Saturday when we go to Nana's. He calmly looked at me with tears in his eyes and said ok. That was really great that he kept his cool and made a rational decision. I was so proud of him. (In the past, he would have lost it and been uncontrollable.) Again, little things mean a lot.
We are waiting today to see if we get ice or freezing rain today. I hope not! I love electricity!
Everyone stay warm and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers