Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Peaceful Days

We have had several good days as a family. I will say that Christmas Eve was a long night! Michael was excited, of course, and waiting for Santa. He got into bed and finally settled down around 10:30. He slept around 15 minutes and was up until 1 AM! He kept jumping out of bed and saying he wanted to surprise Santa. "I'll just sneak in there and see him" he kept saying. Finally, he was out and "Santa" left the presents you see above. We had a good Christmas morning. (I love my new camera. I needed a new one.) As an extra special treat, my wonderful husband cooked a huge breakfast for us: minute steak, bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy. No wonder my clothes are tight! Also, didn't the snow make Christmas morning even better? Christmas night, I left the guys at home and went to my Grandmother's house for Christmas. More great food and good conversation. I was terrified to drive home in the snow but made it just fine. Overall, a wonderful Christmas day.

Monday, we went to a new doctor for a consultation. I was asking Michael's pediatrician some questions about autism and he recommended a pediatric neurologist to us in Murfreesboro. Since we have come to a dead-end at Vanderbilt, we decided to try the new guy. We liked him a lot. He is very knowledgeable about autism and we are glad we have a contact if we ever need to try medicine again. (No, he can't help us. That's the frustrating thing about autism and I've said it on this blog many times: Until we find a cause, we have very few tools to fight it. Again, that's why I walk: research, research, research!) By the way, I was so proud of Michael at the doctor. He was very nervous but tried to answer the doctor's questions and was just a trooper. After we left the doctor, we went to Target and got Michael's favorite for lunch, Jack-in-the-Box. (Sadly, our favorite, The Outback, was not open yet!) We really had a good day together.

Today, I got my guys to help me move my desk and computer at school. My students are going to freak out when they walk in next week and my desk is on the opposite wall! That's alright; they need to stay on their toes! After that, we got some lunch at Sonic and have been very lazy the rest of the day.

Wow! Four days in a row of no complaining, no tension, no stress, no running places and no work. We could get used to this! I hope you are having peaceful days as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers