Saturday, August 14, 2010

Team M&M Is Moving On Up!

Team M&M has $1,195.81 and more should be added any day now! Yea team! I am proud of our team. Right now, we have the 7th highest amount in the state of Tennessee! What I love about helping Autism Speaks is quite a bit of the money stays right here in Tennessee. I know that Vanderbilt just received a big grant. Another thing I like is the push for awareness.
As for the actual walk, the first one we attended was really hard for me. Right before the opening ceremony, I looked around and saw thousands of people and just started bawling. Why are all of these children affected? How wonderful that our children had thousands to come out and support them. I was just overwhelmed. The second year was much easier. The walks are nice because our children are "normal" on that day. Everybody understands when children start flapping their arms, making sounds or having a meltdown. We just look at each other and smile and it is so great that they get it! This will be our third walk and what a difference three years have made. Michael is doing so well in school. We are so proud. Yes, he is not where his "normal" or "typical" peers are but he is working toward it. There is hope and that is why we walk. We want every one of these parents to have hope for their children and we want our children to have a happy life.
The walk is September 11, 2010 in Nashville. I will keep you posted on Team M&M's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers