Sunday, April 3, 2011

ipad 2: So much to learn!

Last month, I was asked to attend a workshop at Tennessee Tech with two other English teachers. Tech got a grant to show English teachers how to use technology to teach English. The exciting part is that we received a new ipad 2 with 3G, a cover and a wireless keyboard. It is on loan until we finish the project in the fall then it is mine! I am so excited! We attended the first part of the project Thursday night from 4-8 and the hours flew by because it was so fascinating. I have wanted to use a web site or something with my classes for years so the students could comment on our class work but I didn't know how. The professors told us that we would learn to create a web site, use the ipad and even cell phones to teach English. I think it will make me a better teacher and will keep the students much more engaged in the class. I can't wait until our next sessions in June.


Isn't this weather beautiful? I am so glad to see sunshine again. It was dreary for so long. I have a weird internal rule: no Crocs or sandals until it is at least 70 degrees. I hate cold feet! Also, my poor toes need some good coats of polish. Sounds like an excuse for a pedicure. ;)


I hope you have a good week. Beware of Monday's storms. It might get rough. Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers