Saturday, April 23, 2011

Go Team!

What a week! Even though I have been fighting a cold (and now a sinus infection), this has been a great week for Team M&M. Let me explain: Last fall, a coworker and I were talking about how to raise awareness during April for Autism Awareness Month. I also asked if her class would consider baking cupcakes for Team M&M since her class has baked for other charities in the past. She immediately said yes. Fast-forward to this week. Her wonderful students and assistants baked and decorated some fabulous cupcakes from scratch. (I told her I had never baked anything from scratch. I always depend on Duncan Hines!) I also had a class that helped with the baking and I am so proud of them. Lots of my students volunteered to make signs and go around during lunch selling. At the end of three days, we had sold $309.50 worth of cupcakes! Amazing!

Also, at last year's walk, my sisters and cousin suggested that we have a yard sale to raise money for this year's walk. We had that yard sale yesterday and today and raised $431! I am so excited! The walk is not until September so we have lots of time but it was so nice to tie these events in with Autism Awareness Month. I know at school, many of our students learned so much about autism and came away with a greater understanding of students that might be different. I truly appreciate all of the effort that went into these events by my family, coworker, students and assistants.

Last, tomorrow is Easter. I have a song that keeps running through my head with the lyrics: "He is risen! He is risen! And He reigns forevermore!" All I can add is "Amen!" Everyone have a wonderful Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers