Saturday, April 9, 2011

Too Many

I helped out at the Autism Support Group's booth at the mall's health fair today. We handed out information about autism and also about the support group. What amazed and saddened me was the number of family members who came by and said they had a relative with autism. It just broke my heart to meet the mother of a beautiful little boy. She looked so sad and overwhelmed. I told her to hold on, that it would get better. I believe it will for her but it is hard to see when you are first walking that walk. I still have awful days. I hope the relatives come to the meetings. It helps to meet others who have lived through the tough times. It is also good to hear the successes and think that your child might have those same break-throughs. If you know someone who would like to attend, we meet September - April on the last Monday of the month at the high school. The time is 4:30 (pizza and visiting) and 5:00 is the meeting. Childcare is available but you need to call the special education office at the central office to let them know so they can have enough assistants there. Please send a message if you need more information.

The rest of the day has been laid back: downloading some walking music for my Mp3, watching Pride and Prejudice AGAIN, and just hanging out with my guys. The weather is beatiful so my butt needs to get to walking!

Sunday looks like it will be a good day, too. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An award from Paige!

An award from Paige!
This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends.

Followers